Sunday 23 July 2017

Feeling Skirty

I am so proud of myself.
Partway through making this skirt I realised it was going to be too small (After the last one needed 4 darts, I thought I'd make it smaller)....


Erm.. no! It's still easier to put darts in than to make it bigger once it's cut out!

It's finished. It doesn't fit. It is not for me. (the zipper at the back is not done up).

Ah well, lucky I haven't cut up my fav Christmas fabric yet!

However... before I realised this was going to be too small, I bought more fabric. Oh yes. I am definitely going on one of those benders where I make a lot of things the same, but different. (surely, you've read the finished projects list down the side of my blog!!)

Mum is back for a few days, and I just realised I haven't even finished the quilt top I planned to give her to quilt for me. Goodness! What a busy Christmas in July!

At a LQS today I bought fabric on clearance to make another skirt for myself, and some non-clearance fabric that I felt I just HAD to have! Eek! KFC fabrics!!

And then before I left the shop, I spotted this precious pattern. Ohhh myyyy Goodness!!! I am so addicted to this look.
I bought clearance fabric to make matching underskirt and overskirt for Miss 6 and myself. Yep. We are going to match at a 7yo girls birthday party in a fortnight. Hee hee.

This is the finished over-skirt for Miss 6. Next: the pettiskirt with hand gathered frills.

This is going to be fun!

I wonder when I will get back to my two big quilt projects? Hee hee.

Okay, so in no particular order... I am going to finish the borders on the 12 Days of Christmas Birds quilt; finish Miss 6's skirt set; make a matching skirt set for me; machine the binding onto the Superheroes quilt; make some journal covers; and some Christmas stockings; make some table runners; make another 3 pleated skirts for myself.... and that's just off the top of my head! Yippee! Busy happy times here in my new sewing machine area!



No comments: