Monday 30 March 2015

Whimsical, fun and bright - horsies!

I've been going like the clappers on the double sided horsey quilt in the hope that I can finish it and post it to Mum for quilting before she travels 3,000km to visit me... Otherwise it will be a few months before Mum is home again and can quilt it.


We shall see what I can do... in the last few days I found some horse colouring pictures on the internet and have traced out a few and turned them into blocks. I bought these gorgeous Gutermann Sulky variegated threads to stitch the horses on, but after cutting them out I can see with vivid Kaffe fabrics the outlines will need more definition.

 I have chosen colours to give a whimsical fun air, bright and lavish.
 This is for one side of the horsey quilt.
 I've now stitched 5 horse blocks. I am not sure what size I will trim them to yet. I will wait and see how many I make.
 The black free machine applique has certainly helped to define the outlines of the horses.
 I have another 7 horse pictures. Let's see how many more I can cut out, fuse and stitch on in the next few days.
I am feeling excited!

3 comments:

susis quilts said...

love your horses!!have a nice week,susi

Julierose said...

Your horses are beautiful--nice applique work on them hugs, Julierose

Karen said...

Such whimsical horses in their bright prints.