Wednesday 20 October 2010

Changing my mind

I dug out this UFO I started before I really became interested in Civil War and 1800s repro fabrics.
It's funny, but the colours in it (acid greens, double pink, deep turkey reds) - although not necessarily Civil War prints certainly are the most vibrant of the Repro fabrics - and I still love them!!
Even though I still love the fabrics and the look, I am not going to finish it as I originally intended. I will trim the quilt top into a rectangle, then add this green Kaffe Fasset print as a border - maybe with some purple in between... yes, I think so after looking at this on the computer in reduced scale.

I had named this quilt Log Apartments - it's a modern version of log cabins. What do you think?

3 comments:

Bluebell said...

I love the colours of this quilt it makes you feel happy, I like the Kaffe Fassett fabric as a border it makes it Zing even more.
Jill

Liz said...

I love it Lorraine, I find myself wandering over to the bright side at the moment, must be a longing for sunnier days..! Look forward to seeing it finished..
Lizzie
xxx

Teresa Rawson said...

Wow! Now that is a fun, carefree quilt! I love your idea for the name. You look like you are really close to having it finished!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)