Sunday 24 May 2009

Quilt-aid continues...

Yes, the Quilt-aid quilt continues, but what about me?? I need some aid with this quilt!! I am guessing you know how I might feel, where you have worked and worked on a quilt, woke up in a sweat after dreaming about it... and just want it to be finished!! I know I will enjoy the quilt later when it's not such a chore. The deadline is looming!

The final step has been to applique scalloped borders and join them around the outside as final borders... This one looks lovely... awww...

So does this one... Awww..
Hang on!! That means the borders look like this... Whoops!! and Dang it!!

Uh oh!! They are supposed to be like this....



I had to a fair bit of frog-stitch (you know: rippit, rippit, rippit??).. then my bobbin ran out after sewing 6 inches... and I had unpinned as I went, so I had to re-pin re-sew! It was way tooooo late to be sewing tonight.




But, I am on a very tight timeline. I need to finish appliqueing and embellishing the centre of the quilt next.



Here is the incomplete centre surrounded by all the blocks and borders on 2 sides. Only the centre to finish, 2 sides to applique, then join the pieces together. Phew! I need it finished by Tuesday for photography...
Okay, I'm off to bed for a fresh start in the morning. There's no point trying to do more now, it only leads to frogging.
Night!




5 comments:

Francien said...

All will look brighther in the morning again...I know that its almost 8 hours later from the time here in Holland now so I wish you a good night and pleasant dreams...
your quilt looks absolutly stunning...its a masterpiece and very heavy to handle on your machine now I guess...awesome job!!
greetings Francien.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

This is going to be an awesome quilt - I love the fabric choices and the soft colors.

cottonreel said...

Hi,I,m cottonreel patchwork/ quilter . This is the nicest quilt I have seen for a long time

Jeanne said...

Well, the ripping was worth it, IMHO.
It is a gorgeous quilt and your work is wonderful.

Sue McGettigan said...

ROFL at the "rippit, rippit, rippit" :) Love that! Well, I don't love it when it's me, I love to know that others speak my froggy language - and that feeling when you line them up and it's so NOT what you were doing!!