Saturday 4 July 2020


This little unicorn brings airs of youthful optimism, a whimsical mind, dreams and visions. What does it mean to you?

For this piece I've freehand quilted stars in a multicoloured thread as the background, which to me just adds so much pop while being pretty.




I made another of these bat and raven altar cloths, but this time without the words (traits of the combined animals). Every time I stitch a piece of fabric it's different, and I feel intuitively that it changes depending on how it's going to it's ultimate owner.




I love this image of Red Riding Hood.

I call her Red. Far from being the little girl who had to hide in her cloak, or was frightened, this is the empowered version. I feel it in her swag, her boots, and the way she walks in the snowy woods standing tall. Picking out the shadows of trees was one of my favourite parts of stitching to add depth to this piece of printed art.

You can find me at Sew Rainey Sew on facebook, 

Or on Etsy:  Esty.com/shop/SewIntuitivebyRainey




 

No comments: