Sunday 12 July 2020

Faeries, Fairies, The Fae

This week the theme at the market is all about the Fae, and mythical creatures. So I've created these altar cloths.

I'm not sure if this is Wonderland - because there is a castle in the background.



I have no idea what this owl's name is. He feels like he has a particular name. I will tell you that with 3 eyes, he represents inner knowledge, all seeing. The horns are wisdom. The berries are fruit -  (something is bearing fruit/gifts). The succulents are hardy plants, the crystals are connection, vibration, healing properties. Overall it has speaks to us on many levels. I will definitely order more owls if I can.



This SnowWhite textile art piece took me a long time. So many tiny details and about 10 thread changes. I had it beside me and when I changed colour for the piece I was working on, I stuck it under just to do that little bit in that colour.

Changing colours takes a bit of time!



This looks like a fairy swing to me, with mushroom seats nearby. It's so purple, sparkly, and more pretty that you can see in this photo.




That's a wrap on the fae themed pieces for this week.

You can find me on facebook: Sew Rainey Sew

Or Etsy : SewIntuitivebyRainey 



 

No comments: