Monday 6 July 2020

What happened to our house?


You might be wondering what happened to our house? It was all ready to stand up, the crane was ordered. The frame was in place. 

Then we got a letter that changed everything.

The beloved had been bankrupt (he let his business close suddenly when his ex wife suddenly left and he had a 1yo and 2yo to care for on his own). The bankruptcy time had passed and it should have been all clear. Except the trustees had come past and taken photos of the steel and footings.

Even though I was the proprietor of the house, it was on his land, and the bankruptcy trustees said they had no intention of letting go their hold on the "asset" of the land, and then the house on it.

It turns out they can come back indefinitely. So if we built a house on the property and it increased the equity, we would have to pay them out basically, forever. Meaning that we paid for the house over and over and over again.


This was a devastating blow in the middle of a global pandemic. We need to move ASAP. With no rental experience for over 23 years, and that in a different state, I asked my friends to help me find a house and/or block of land to build on. Over 40 of us are dreaming on it.

I have asked EVERYONE I know if they know of a house for rent. There seem to be very few available for rent at this time.


I am so preoccupied, I've only made one altar cloth: This one looks like Libra the scales, but I feel justice and balance in this one as well.


online market: The Spiritual Co-op group (facebook)

facebook page: Sew Rainey Sew

Etsy shop : Sew Intuitive by Rainey 












 

No comments: