Thursday 3 December 2020

Welcome to the North


I am overjoyed in our new home (yes, we are renting until we build, but we got this!!)


I'm wearing another Christmas frock (I put out *insert image of milk and cookies*  for Santa), which is a bit tongue in cheek, and so me! Haha.


It's the first time I've been able to hang this quilt in my own home. I made it down south in another state, It took me a few years, it was a lot of work, I made it quilt as you go with free hand raw edge machine applique. 


Then I ran classes teaching other people how to make it. There's always a learning curve when we make something, so I think their finished quilts were improved.


I had nowhere to hang this quilt when I moved to subtropical far North Queensland. I started in my caravan, then I moved into a small portable home.


This quilt was being taken care of my by sister. She hung it on her wall every year for a while. I am sure she will miss it this year.


Every house in Santa's village has been added with a few more trees.


Ooh, how did this get there? A 5yo kinder painting of a Christmas tree and presents.



The original pattern by Piece o Cake designs was called Welcome To The North Pole. It was formed in blocks, I chose to make mine in rows.


So many embellished details that you can only see in person.


I am feeling so Christmassy. Time to put up a few more decorations I think!


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This Christmas quilt is really very pretty. Love the colours and the patterns.