Saturday 19 December 2020

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas



I am loving this extra space to hang all my Christmas cheer. It's making me finish projects that have been around for years. I honestly can't remember if I've ever shown this one, and if I have, the photo wasn't as good as it is this year anyway. Made from a Loralie Christmas dogs panel.




I finished this Grinch tree last year. And my 5yo son has been adding the decorations in the way of a countdown each day leading up to Christmas. He's been watching The Grinch movie most days, even though we have more than 10 Christmas kids movies. He loves it I guess!


I am super proud of my quilting on this one. It turned out to be more amazing than I could have thought.


Let it be a reminder to us all, if we have a panel hanging around, stitch that thing and enjoy it!! It looks so much better stitched than sitting in a zip loc bag.


I came across this panel at my local quilt shop and thought the colours were perfect for going with the Grinch countdown. They all seem to be in the little decorations. So with only a few days left before Christmas, I whipped up this hanging and the rest of the numbers are in here on display. Once again, preferable to a ziploc bag.

I had some of the same fabric from the Grinch backing left, so i used it on the back and as the binding, and didn't have to buy anything else.



 

No comments: