Tuesday 16 June 2020

Vibration: honeybees and sacred geometry

Tuesday sewing group is back at the Olive Branch, although they are now in new premises after being flooded out last January. 

I was going two days a week, not that my son is at kindergarden, and wanted to use that time to work on something for myself, as I've been creating so much for my small business, which just took off like a helicopter! I am so grateful!

But I've had to cut it back to one day a week: Tuesdays. This is what I started with today. I bought some delightful fabric to start a honeybee collage. It's actually huge and will take up about 100-150 centimetres or about 1.5 yards square.




It's a different technique than I've used before. The idea is to iron the fusible web onto the back of the fabric, then trace the shape onto the paper before removing it from the fabric completely. 

It took a bit to get my head around, and I wasn't really prepared to buy 7 metres of fusible web at $30 a metre (the usual fusible web is out of stock of course, with these national supply problems, so the restickable one was there, but it's only 30cm wide instead of a metre wide, and it's $30 a metre. So I feel this will go on hold for a little while.


I also don't want the entire thing to be stiff with fusible web, so a the moment I am thinking about piecing the background instead of layering into a collage.

First we make the honeybee, then we add the background.

Those eyes are from some Anna Maria Horner fabric, and the fruity details on the wings are cut out from a Tula Pink fabric that had little monkeys on it. I will share photos of the fabric next time.



Another one of these Winter Solstice altar cloths is complete.



And this is a very special Metatron sacred geometry altar cloth. Great for an intention grid, and again, commands a lot of attention while stitching. Holding the vibration of the piece.

Everything has a vibration. Sounds can be seen. Take a look here for a start. If the link doesn't work Search for "Cymatics" and "Chladni plate" to see what I mean. 



How interesting that the same day I share my honeybee progress (who is vibrating and making sounds) is the time I start talking about the vibration and frequency of sound!!

You can find my stitching pieces on facebook at Sew Rainey Sew.







 

No comments: