Tuesday 18 July 2017

Blue with green, or green with blue

As you see me machine stitching away with verve, I hope you are also feeling inspired to stitch away ready for Christmas!

I've learnt a little lesson over the 20 years I have been making quilts... if I don't want it to end as a UFO, I need to leave the project at a place where it's easy to pick it up again. That means, don't finish an entire step. Leave that last step almost finished. Then when I pick it up, and do that easy bit, I have the next part in my head, and the project keeps flowing... ah yes...

And so it was easy enough to pick up this little quilt today, and finish the quilting.


Hurrah!


I love the backing as much as the front. The quilting shows up better on the back, and I almost love that side more!


Well, to whomever decided that blue and green should together never be seen, I stick my tongue out and blow a huge raspberry!

xo

1 comment:

Jo said...

I'm with you. I do it all the time. We all love seeing the green grass & trees against the bright blue sky. So why can't we do it with our fabric..