Wednesday 12 January 2022

Year of the Tiger is coming


I bought a charm pack (5 inch squares) of Tula Pink's range "Eden". See the full swatch list here. 

It's the Chinese year of the Tiger - which is my year, and this fabric range features tigers more than anything, so it's time to use the charm pack. 

Plus, I am loving the colour pallette, and I think if I make a super simple quilt I can use large kantha stitches to hand quilt it. The kantha stiches have been bringing me a lot of joy in the evenings. Soft batting caressed with the needle,  handwork while watching amazon prime,  interest in colour change, and I already have it!



I laid out the fabrics into an arrangement I like, then chain pieced them keeping the arrangement intact.



That was my air conditioning contentment. In the cool of the evening we went to the part of the main waterfront beach which has a stinger net up. The stinger net is to keep out marine stingers (jellyfish) which are prevalent in these warm waters from November to April.



We went in the cool of the evening. There was a small swell, even though it's not really surfing territory as the Great Barrier Reef prevents the big waves forming. 


There was enough swell for the boys to practise and learn to stand on the board. Miss 10 didn't want to have a turn. She sat on the beach and didn't enter the water at all. Perhaps she doesn't like the sea salt.

It was a beautiful end to a magickal day with the children on school holidays.

 

No comments: