Monday 31 January 2022

100 Modern Quilt Blocks

I've been saving this new project for a special occasion! My birthday!

Today I was gifted time in my studio to play with these goodies that I had already bought for myself.




I bought the book online (it's been out for a few years now, so it wasn't in my local quilt shops), and I chose some Tula Pink and Devonstone fabrics from Quilty Desires.


I'm so excited to play with these. And then I notice, once again, they are pink, with a bit of green. Pink and green. 

This is starting to be such a weird pattern in my fabric choices.


So much calm in this project.


This is my happy space.




So relaxing. Cut out a few blocks at a time, then sit down to sew.



These are simple, but effective blocks. I'm so glad Tula came up with these. 


I think it would be fun to create some easy blocks too.


My cutting mat looks like it needs cleaning!




Hello, I am happy!


I am going to make as many blocks as I can from the fabric I bought. I don't plan to make the entire 100 blocks for this quilt.


So satisfying!


A nice easy pattern to follow.


Look at that green background! But, let's change it up on the next one.


The quilting is really clear in the book too. It's been done so meticulously.



Oh my goodness! I love these blocks!



This cube was cute in the book.... but when I actually made it....



that's when I really saw the possibilities of making these with feature fabrics.




Look! A mini French braid!




 

No comments: