Friday 7 January 2022

The Electric Life of Louis Wain


We recently bought an amazon firestick for the TV. Wow, talk about shaking everything up! Totally life transforming, we don't need shelves of DVDs anymore. We get to watch new movies and TV shows without buying them.

It's a very exciting thing.

 I already had an amazon subscription because for $7 a month, I get most of my online orders from amazon AU shipped for free. This is better value than me buying a gift and mailing it interstate where my family live. So it feel like the movies and TV are free - an added bonus.

So we watched a movie last night with Benedict Cumberbatch (whom I already really liked in Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Strange). The movie was titled "The Electric Life of Louis Wain".

 It featured his life and his passion to create unusual artwork with cats. And it turned out that he never really copyrighted his work, so it was printed en masse and he was never paid for it. It was a big mistake on his part, devastating to the family and their financial affairs.

Then I realised I had some of his artwork on the back of my cat Christmas decorations.



I turned around on the couch, and there was his artwork.


Right behind me.


I bought this fabric about 6 years ago for $2 a metre in the after Christmas sales at Spotlight. I guess it was sold cheap because they had to pay no licensing.


It was an incredible synchronicity to me, to turn around to see the crazy Christmas cats that I had made,  backed in Louis Wain cats. 

 

No comments: