Sunday 3 January 2021

On holiday at home

Now we are home, it feels like I am actually on holiday!


I'm at our local beach, only 20 minutes from home.


It's the main esplanade, and it now hosts electric scooters.


They scoot up and down so fast, and they don't really walk anymore.






We don't always swim in the water in Summer, because of the stingers (jelly fish with stings). There is a special place with nets to keep the jellyfish out. That's the best place to swim if you are not wearing a stinger suit.


Grabbing some quilt inspiration with these views, I've always always loved palm trees. They bring me calm and joy and peace whenever I See them.


This is 5yo sitting on a dugong statue, and that's Magnetic Island in the background. Snorkelling there is excellent. We are on the Great Barrier Reef here.

Do you ever find that your holiday at home is better than going away?

 

No comments: