Tuesday 5 January 2021

It's a goal


I'm not sure if I've posted photos of the other blocks made so far in The Raven Quilt. It's designed by Blackbird Designs.


The blocks are quite large - about 15 inches square.


This makes the applique easy to do.


It's strange because I'm not really into brown quilts anymore. Living in the warm sub tropics, I am no longer seeking warmth and cosiness, but seeking freshness and coolness from my textiles.


Most of these fabrics are moda. The background is a Japanese fabric, almost an Osnaberg. I bought it for $10 a metre in about 2015, and put it aside for about forever. Haha! I am more into patterned backgrounds than ever before, so I thought, if I don't use it now, I probably never would.

The other prints are William Morris and some light orange and purple reproduction fabrics. And a moda grunge for the stems. I can't get enough grunge. It goes in most of my projects these days.

I went on a berry making spree to complete these 4 blocks totally. That's 4 out of 9 complete. And I am on track for October hanging it on the wall! 

My first Halloween quilt. With a house with lots of wall space, I am starting to think of themes for different times of the year. I have so many Christmas pieces, and the house looks so good for that period of time. Why not have more themes for other times of the year?

 

No comments: