Saturday 5 September 2020

The Wish Pot

 


It's school holidays here, so my 4yo is home, and I've been at the house washing the walls with triclenium every day.  Remember when I said that I had to take the house no matter what? Well, when I went for the inspection, it smelled of bleach as the bathroom was being cleaned.

When that bleach smell disappeared, the smell in the house appeared. And as much as I wanted to live in a comfy home, it was a deal breaker for me. 

I washed every wall with triclenium. (Thank you again to those vitamins which gave me mental clarity, took down inflammation and gave me energy to move). Then I noticed the carpets stank. They were the original carpets and the previous tenants had 5 or more indoor cats. Trust me. It was yuk.




So I organised for the best possible installation and bargain carpet I could get. When the carpet layer came to lift up the carpet, the wood around the walls was rotten as well. Ewee. I had to mop the concrete under the carpet with vinegar and bicarb to remove the smell. Yes, really. The cat pee had made it through the old carpet and sunk into the concrete. Steam cleaning was never going to be enough.


I truly believe the end result of this blue carpet is beautiful. And the whole smell issue is gone. The little fella claimed his bedroom, we put his new bookshelf together (thank you Kmart!!), and he started putting his books away. His first own bedroom!





I started unpacking my crystals, and I found this wish jar made by Bobbi Oliver Lambo Art.




I had written my wish for a new home, with air conditioning and a sewing space, with bedrooms for each of us. I had forgotten of course, because that is how it worked, and I only just found my wish written inside while unpacking it in the new home.


So truly grateful, I will be busy with the move for a little while. Hopefully sewing soon.















No comments: