Tuesday 28 December 2021

Whimsy


The evenings have been filled with loving company on the couch with the beloved, while I sit nearby creating a kantha quilt with raw edge applique that I designed on the hop.



The back is amazing. Who would have thought some Christmas fabric I picked up in 2015 after Christmas for $2 a metre would come up so well as a backing?


I've used a few moda grunge greens and a pink. 


The rest is from an Anna Maria Horner border print and a panel.


I cut out what I wanted and placed them wherever. It's a delightful piece of whimsy.


Whimsy, what a word. It was the naive and whimsical that first drew me into patchwork and quilting - rather than fastidiously perfect placement.


I love stories, evolution and flow.

I can't wait to show you this piece when it's hanging on the wall. Just the hanging sleeve and binding to go. 

Time to audition binding.

 

No comments: