Sunday 5 December 2021

Testing out kantha quilting


Oh! I am so happy with this! I've finished freehand cutting and styling the applique, and now it's time to get them adhered/ stuck down by using kantha stitches in a rainbow of Wonderful perle threads.

I am using two rows of each colour, then switching.



All I've used to tack these is one of those soluble glue sticks from the quilt shop. I didn't want the stiffness I thought I would find from backing the fabric with fusible web first. ( I don't use the vliesofix word, in this humidity it just peels off the paper, I prefer the hemline brand, and that's why I don't use the V word!)

It's getting close to Christmas, and I'd like to finish some Christmas pieces, so I can feel this going on hold for a little bit. This will be an evening project I will enjoy in front of the TV.

I used a special wadding from Just Country Crafts, I think Katherine calls it parlan, but I can't be sure, it sounds similar to pellon, but it's not synthetic. It's perfect for kantha quilting.

 

No comments: