Wednesday 8 December 2021

A new project

I spotted this Christmas fabric a little while ago and resisted. For as long as I could. It was quite pricey, I have a lot of Christmas projects to make already, and I didn't have anything in mind to make with it.


So I went looking for something in my pattern stash that I could get a handle on.


Aha! I found a little stitchery pattern, and it only needs a small amount of each print. 

Being satisfied that I knew what I would make with it (one of my conditions of buying most fabric, I say most, because some designers I just have to collect their fabrics. I just do. Non negotiable).


This little pattern is perfect.

The stitcheries are small and simple, so I can do them all in one variegated thread while watching TV in the evening, and this will get it started.



There's nothing like a project one has their teeth in, and can't put down. It's a driving force, and it's why some fabrics have to be bought. They just do. Patterns too.



Did I mention I am sewing in my Grinch slippers?


Of course, sometimes I take them off too.


Oh yes, oh yes. So beautiful. Love the fabrics together.


Let's get this made before Christmas! And go!


(And this is why the bee got shelved for a while, really it is... all this passion!!)
 

No comments: