Wednesday 15 October 2008

Too much blabbing and too much buying

For someone who is trying to use up their fabrics, I don't seem to have been very good when it comes to buying more fabric.

I haven't gone out of my way to buy more, it just happens!! And, I am certainly buying less than I used to. I have NO EXCUSE to buy whatever for the sake of it.

In the last month or so, I have bought various novelty fabrics (trains, world maps, paper dolls, pigs). Maybe that's where the "gap" in my stash was.... or maybe I find it hard to go past a bargain.

In any case, here is all the fabric I need for the mystery quilt, right out of my stash.


We get cutting instructions this Saturday, then some piecing instructions each week for a couple of weeks.

Anyway, what I have been blabbing on about (all the extra fabric) includes this fabric I bought a few months ago - probably just pre-blog.

My intention was to make funky aprons from the fabric. Perhaps I still will, I'm just not in a hurry anymore. Hey! They could be for Christmas! Maybe my sister can have one.... Hmm... Lucky I am writing it here, I've got a brain like a sieve and might forget before then.

Back to the fabric, there are 8 prints on each bolt. I bought a metre of each, so there are 8 skinny 1/8s of each print on the bolt. Perhaps I will piece stripes, or use these as trims on the aprons.


P.S. I am stitching the 4th Mammy block. Go me!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I have bought some of these "running eighths" prints and wasn't overly crazy about them. It was nice to have the all the different prints, but I had a lot of waste from cutting down the strips. I probably won't use them again, myself. If they were in quarters maybe I would, but the eighths are too thin for me. Have you used yours yet?