Monday 4 August 2008

Working my way through the list...

What a full and busy weekend I have had! Here's the red, white and yellow cherries PIGs (Projects In Grocery Sack) I started with.

And here is my rough drawing. It's a lot rougher than I usually start with, but I feel like ad-libbing. It won't matter too much, it is a baby quilt.









I can't remember exactly what I had in mind when I bought these fabrics, but the ric-rac was in the box, so I used it.

Here are some of the 32 blocks I put together - very easy - 6.5 inches unfinished.


Ric-rac added... it does give some pizzazz. Not all the blocks have ric-rac, so placement will be important when I set them all out and play with positioning.

2 comments:

Lyn said...

Hello there, I love the bright colours of your quilt.Also, I enjoy using vintage ric rac in my quilting.Glad you understand about the Wedding Quilt.Warmest Regards Lyn

Lisa said...

This quilt is going to be darling! (I am currently working on a cherry quilt myself.) I love the rick-rack. Have you seen this quilt?

http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2008/08/vintage-sheet-project-3-rick-rack-quilt-blocks.html

Your bright colors and ric-rac made me think of hers. I love them both and I think it's a combo of the ric-rac and bright colors. Hm, another one for my to-do list! :-)