Monday 25 August 2008

Souper

I have my quilting workspace back again and I have placed borders around each of the Chicken Soup blocks. They are also spray-basted. I have started machine quilting them. I want to join some by the end of today so that I can hand-stitch the joins on the back. I love quilt-as-you-go.



I think it was 2004 when my quilting group did not have enough people to go on our retreat (minimum numbers required for the venue), so we invited members of another group to come with us.


We called ourselves the Old Chooks - our weekend was chicken themed. We wore badges and played games. We made raffle blocks and brought them to the weekend: make as many 12 1/2in unfinished blocks as you like, with chicken wire background. Boy, did Rosie and I scour for that background! For every block you make your name goes on a raffle ticket to win a bundle of chook blocks. So, the more blocks you make, the more likely you are to win.
I made 3 blocks and I won one of mine (not yet pictured). I did my first machine-blanket stitching on them, and mine were pretty vibrant. Patience! you will see the one I made later! I had just bought my new machine, and I still love it. It has been an absolute workhorse!

I reckon I could finish this quilt by next week!
As you can see, I have a varied range of quilts in my stack!! LOL!! I can really see how my tastes have changed during the last 11 years or so.

Maybe I should show a picture of my first quilt made in 1997?

No comments: