Tuesday 22 June 2021

Rainbow bucket hat


I'm super excited to share this bright, fun hat for my 5yo. The hat I made for the commencement of prep is sometimes missing in the schoolyard, buried in the sandpit, or completely filthy.



It was fitting to make him another hat that is a bit more dirt resistant (only because it's white), and also because he really needed a spare. If I can't find his hat in the yard because it's too hot in the afternoon, he can't play in the morning.


I secretly love both these fabrics. I wonder which way he will choose to wear it!


***edit*** He loves both sides, originally he loved the stripey rainbow side more, but his teachers at school love the bright indigenous print so much, they hinted at me making them for all of them... but I don't really have the time or inclination to make a mass of hats for other people. (Bring on more personal sewing I say!!)

 

No comments: