Tuesday 22 June 2021

Progress on "The Raven" quilt


Still a few details to go on some of these blocks - a leaf or two, a few berries.  I am finally up to the "most difficult" block, which is a house.




I use the freezer applique needleturn method, which means that i need the design to be reversed. Well guess what, the house in the centre is not quite symmetrical.



I really had to jiggle to get the yellow fabric underneath in the right spots.


I am super glad I left this to be the final block, because it's giving me the push I need to complete it. The "almost there" factor is doing it for me. I can see the finish line... I'd love to have this finished and hanging on my wall at the start of October. 

I really haven't made much for myself this past year, and ravens mean so much to me.

I am so determined to complete this applique block, that I've taken this as my project today to quilt group. I usually take my sewing machine, but no. I am preparing block pieces. It's time.

I am getting so excited!



 

No comments: