Tuesday 29 May 2012

27 snowballs

I caught up with Mum on the weekend, and had another go at setting up the Statler Gammill.  This time on an initial quilt... the blocks were swapped in 2004, and the quilt top was completed in December 2010!! Mum's had it nearly a year and a half... my finished items for the year list is looking a little bare... so let's snap to it Mum!! We didn't quite get it totally quilted on the weekend... It will be good to have a quilt to keep for myself when I have completed it.

I know it's not always about quantity... quality is also key. But, I love to sew... I should be finishing things... otherwise I don't get to start anything new... and that keeps the creative juices working....



What I have been working on is the Snowball In Hell quilt... Oh yes. A few more blocks to show today.

I've made only another 3 blocks, but I've done a lot of cutting and sorting. Ready to sit and stitch!

I'm using the Hipstimatic app on the iphone to take some of these snaps. I love the little frame, and the random way the flash is applied, but the colours aren't always true, so I've put the photos in here twice for show and tell purposes.

What else has been going on? There's the Be Seussical quilt just getting its binding hand stitched.. and the Basket Case quilt is also ready to bind...

...There must be some other things I've worked on this year... what's have I been blogging about? I'm gonna see what I can finish.

No comments: