Thursday 23 February 2012

When it gets old...

Ta-da! I've achieved my goal.. kept working at it until I had a vanilla border all the way around the snowball blocks... then I've managed to work in two other caterpillar fabrics - the food print and the little caterpillar print.
I've left space on the inside and outside of the pieced caterpillar, as I plan to hand-embroider feet/legs and little hairs on the body. It's a good sized quilt - I think it will be great on a single bed.
And so, that's the first phase of the quilt top complete: now to hand-stitch the hairs and legs, eyes and mouth.
Mum has a fantastic panto of a caterpillar that I will ask her to quilt on here - especially in that large empty space.
I posted this pic on facebook... my friend Rob says that when the quilt is old and full of holes it will still fit the theme! Oh! He made me laugh!!

No comments: