Friday 24 February 2012

Introducing... Be Seussical

With the excitement of the Very Hungry Caterpillar, and the fast progress on the quilt top, I'm feeling quite spurred on... so I'm taking a step towards another literary quilt.

I love vintage and whimsical quilts. I guess that's why these last two have appealed to me so much... and I've been in the mood for fast and easy, but also creative sewing.
These are pieces I've cut from the Cat In The Hat fabric panel. Fusible web strips are fused around the outer edges of each piece.
Then I've chosen other fabric from the range to use as backgrounds. Machine blanket stitched on. Now that's fast.
I love the rocking motion as I've appliqued the panel pieces on at varying angles. It replicates the whimsical and nonsensical (or should that be Seussical??) feel in the Dr Seuss books.
So, there is a quilt top in a day...

No comments: