Tuesday 22 November 2011

Sewing and sleeping

So... Christmas is drawing near... and today I've had a "mad sewing day" with the girls... Okay, it wasn't as mad as last Tuesday. It was very peaceful... we were all doing handwork at one point (I've sewn the binding on! YAY!!)
Oh yes, it is quite narrow...

We were all feeling rather tired - Rosie decided it was our machines that usually keep us awake.... perhaps it's the noise? I suggested it was because we were up and down to the iron when machining... Whatever the reason, we were all stitching ourselves to sleep (except Carolyn who was fusing on a tree trunk and tracing leaves)... What can I say? We were soothed and relaxed.I know that after starting to sew the little date medallions for this hanging (on the machine) I was more awake... but I'm not sure if that was the Coke spider I drank or the machine... *wink wink*


I'm not sure how I am going to attach the medallions temporarily each year - it's a perpetual calendar, so the medallions will move. I tried to stitch a safety pin on the back, but even a tiny one moves so that it is visible at times.


Carolyn suggested I make a feature of the little black safety pins by pinning through the top. Well, at the moment, they just have sewing pins on them so they don't go for a walk... Hopefully I'll finish the other medallions tomorrow... I have a quilt top I'd like to add borders to tomorrow (if I'm not on the ride-on mower)...

3 comments:

Banaghaisge said...

stick 'em on with bits of velcro - you know the dots that have sticky on the backs. Or is it Heat'n'Bond that you can reposition so many times you get sick, but if you go near it with an iron then it is STUCK to the ironing board?
Or you could stick the whole panel to a sheet of tin, or glue it to your fridge ack of the dates?
And then stick magnets to the back of the dates...
That is it, my work here is done, and I can go to sleep...zzzzzzzzzz
Love, Jas

Banaghaisge said...

Sorry that needs editing - my little notebook sometimes jumps back a line when I let it have it's head. SIlly machine. Silly me for not picking it up.
You can figure out what I meant anyway, xxxx and zzzzz

Karen said...

Sometimes when I am having trouble going to sleep, I think about sewing. Plan new projects, solve sewing problems, etc. But I don't sew in my sleep. LOL.