Saturday 18 September 2010

Fresh start

Er.. okay, I admit I am sidetracked easily.

I am so enjoying the free-motion applique, I wanted to do some free-motion quilting (I can actually "see" results of my efforts in the latter case). I also want to play around with scalloped edges. AND, I really liked this fabric (part of the Kaffe Fasset collective).
I have outlined some of the flowers, stems and flower centres. I used a variegated Signature thread for the quilting. It looks sooo good!!
Loving it so much... here is another piece of fabric where I intend to play with scalloped edges. Ssshhh!! I am supposed to be making foundation piecing blocks for my next miniature.
I think I will cross-hatch quilt this - keeping it simple. I will quilt them both first, then play with the scallop templates. I guess, then I will catch up with the foundation piecing...
It's about time for some short term goals:
1. Quilt both table runners ready to play with scallop edges.
2. Finish machine applique on barns (there will be plenty of handwork afterwards - loads of ribbon embroidery).
3. Make outer border on 12 Days of Christmas quilt then give it to Mum for quilting. :)
4. Finish cross-stitch decorations (as long as they are done before December 1st, I don't really mind when).
5. Play with scallop edges on outside of Rural Jardin quilt once it is back from quilting.
6. Start foundation pieced mini quilt (okay, *sigh*, and finish it too).

No comments: