Tuesday 13 July 2010

What a transformation...

From woah to go!! I've finished another block!

I love the "crowded" look of this Civil War Bride block.

I've added lots of poison greens to add brightness to the block. Unlike the pattern we at the Civil War Bride Blog are following, I used only one fabric for the flowers.
I really like the directional print on the red flowers too. Overall, I am pretty happy with this block.

So, how do they all look together now?


Slightly odd shaped. But that's what happens when you are half way through the blocks!! I just want to light those words in neon so they flash and sparkle.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Look at you, half way, well done. Love the colours in this one Lorraine....
Lizzie
xxx

Janet said...

Way to go!! Your blocks are so beautiful. It's going to be such a lovely quilt!

Bethany said...

WOW. Love the blocks and the colors. Your blocks aren't crowded at all. They look beautiful.

Donna said...

Your blocks are just beautiful!