Wednesday 26 August 2009

Civil War Hexagons get an airing

I made this triangle of hexagons while at the Strath Quilt-In last Saturday. It was lovely to catch up with friends, and hear Corliss speak about the Civil War Bride Quilt. (I really can't wait to start it!).Here are all the pieces I have made so far... Would you like to see what inspires me?


You can search the web to find out more about Albert Small who designed and made quilts using tiny hexagons (not necessarily the quilts pictured here are made by him).



Mine will be out of all my scraps.. I will be adding black between and around to add definition to the designs.



Heyyyy, I've got plenty of time right??

2 comments:

Janet said...

What a great take along project, not for me but I admire you for doing it. I think I'll be doing the CWB as well, isn't it wonderful that so amany are joining in?

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Holy mackeral! you've got a great start. looks fantastic