Wednesday 20 May 2009

Tweed swap

I have been collecting tweed and wool jackets from the opp shops- especially when they are having a "all clothes $1 each" sale.

I pick up the nice tweeds and wool jackets with the view to do some wool applique. It doesn't matter if there is a cigarette burn in the sleeve - I won't use that bit.

I wash the jackets in the washing machine in cold water on the gentle cycle. If they stand up to that, they can go in my quilt or cushions.

So what do you think, shall we swap "pieces" or squares of wool jackets? Anybody want to host it? I am working my butt off, and this would be insipiring.

I just read Bernadette's blog and she entered in a "vintage sheet" swap. Dang! I missed out!! That would have been great. I've collected some old kitchen curtains too...

No comments: