Tuesday 7 September 2021

Just the binding to go


Almost 4 years in the making, 3 of those where I didn't get around to the applique border, I have bitten the bullet and completed the quilt with gorgeous Tula prints for the border instead of applique.



I wasn't satisfied with a few attempts I made at the applique, (this was a quilt where I tried out a few applique techniques). And the original fabrics weren't available anymore. The local quilt shop I bought them from had changed owners, and the new owner decided not to stock those fairy frosts.



Here I am at another local quilt shop, where I've been going on Tuesdays for a couple of years now.

I quite like the ladies in the group, some of them are particularly dear to me.

I just stay away during mask mandates. This has disrupted our social gatherings on every school holidays.


The binding is machined on, now I get to enjoy the hand stitching process in the evenings. 

This will be a Christmas and birthday gift to the in-laws this year. Their birthdays are both within 2 weeks of Christmas, and it is a very big gift! I know they will understand.

I can't wait to gift this and present finished photos on the bed.

 

No comments: