Saturday 2 May 2020

Something for me

I kind of missed baking bikkies in time for ANZAC day. It was so weird, the usual ceremonies weren't going on, people were staying home, not mingling, and I ran out of golden syrup, because it just wasn't on my mind!


Did you know one of the reasons why ANZAC bikkies were so popular is because they didn't need eggs or sugar or milk, and they lasted well on the journey with the Red Cross deliveries to Gallipolli in WW1. 

It's a special Australian past time to make them, so even though it's late, it was important to do them. These traditions won't be passed on if we stop.




I snaffled some of this gorrgeous sparkly plastic at a local quilt shop - Just Country Crafts, although it is not just country anymore!!!! 

 One side of the plastic By Annie's is kind of pink, one side is kind of gold. I dug out a panel I have of teacher ladies from Lorelei (I think I got that from Sunlit Blooms a year or so ago), and although i drooled over the beautiful rainbow zippers in the store, I am giving it a go with some dress zips I bought in bulk from ebay.


Ok, so the dress zips were a bit too flimsy, so I rummaged in my supplies and found these pretty lace zippers. Too cute to hide, I made a few of these for me, and I will give some to Mum for Mother's Day.

I set out to create something for me, and I did it! It's a great feeling to be completing projects as I start them.

How many do you have on the go at once?













 

No comments: