Thursday 19 February 2015

Tree of Life

It's been an ill household here with flu and spew in practise... we spent a lot of time in the last few days sleeping, resting on the couch and watching movies - enforced rest.


 ..
 I picked up my applique blocks and very excitedly I have finished one already.

More pics here to show close-ups of embroidery work added.

This block is from the Lori Smith pattern "Flowers For Mackenzie". I am combining blocks from that quilt, and from "Hugs and Kisses From MacKenzie". I'm not really feeling like warm country colours, as it's so warm here all the time in North Queensland where I live now.


It's rainy season here - which means it's wet and the foliage is green and lush.

I'm using brights with Kaffe Fasset Collective fabrics, and some hand dyed felted wool. I adore this Tree of Life block.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love Lori Smith's designs.

Donna said...

Your block is beautiful, and great fabric choices!

BizarreQuilter said...

Me too Karen!

Thanks Donna, I'm into assymetrical and non-matching these days. :)