Wednesday 9 June 2010

Deadlines... always a surprise!

The Christmas Elves challenge this year for my quilt group was to make two blocks from the Dear Jane quilt using the background fabric provided. Everyone who completes their allocated blocks will receive a raffle ticket - the winner will receive a bundle of blocks. These are my allocated blocks. Lucky for me I had already made the Dear Jane quilt, so this was not a difficult challenge for me.

However, I have just made the deadline - they are due in at the end of the month. I've had these to make for six months.
Does that ever happen to you? Deadlines just seem to loom up on me when I am not looking.
That reminds me of my agreement to have my Civil War Bride quilt finished for the VicQuilters Exhibition at Jeff's Shed next year.
Hmm... on another note, my Pieces of The Past quilt and my Miniature Reproduction quilt have both been accepted into this year's VicQuilter's Exhibition. I am putting my money where my mouth is... (so to speak). I feel so inspired when gawking at other people's quilts, I think it's time to give back....

No comments: