Wednesday 5 May 2010

Oh my stars!

I found these vintage flower of the month stitchery patterns on the web a few years ago, and stitched them. Today I trimmed them down ready to join into a quilt top whilst on retreat with the Phillip Island Patchworkers (VIC).The large floral fabric is from my stash. It's going to be the outer border.
I will frame the blocks in green and use the red and green print for cornerstones. The red is for binding.

Last night I started this project. I looked in my (mostly) sorted stash and saw I had a HUGE pile of green fabrics (I am very comfortable with this, I use them for stems and leaves in applique all the time). I noticed I also had a large amount of blue fabrics.
I am going to use this picture as a basis for my repro paper-pieced stars.
I herby name this quilt "My Stars!". When you say it or read it, you must pronounce it just the way Samantha would in "Bewitched" episodes.
I've already prepared some diamonds to take away on the weekend for handwork.

3 comments:

Teresa Rawson said...

Nice flower stitcheries...I can't wait to see your setting. My, my, my but you are taking an impressive amount of projects on your retreat...you obviously get more done on these gathering than I do!! i hope you have a great time!

Quilts and Cats said...

Your stitcheries are fantastic. Are they 12" blocks. Of all the quilts I've made I always stayed away from those 8 pointed stars. You're a brave woman! Lynne

scraphappy said...

What a pretty blue quilt that will be, so nice to have some hand work available.