Friday 12 February 2010

Pieces Of The Past

Do you remember when I was working around the clock to make the QuiltAid Bluebird Of Hope quilt?
I'm flat out like a lizard drinking once again...
These are 2 blocks I've made from the Pieces Of The Past quilt. Michelle Yeo designed all 9 blocks, and 9 of us are designing finished quilts using only the Judy Rothermel fabric range "Civil War Tribute".
I've got about a month to design and make my quilt top using Michelle's 9 blocks, then a few weeks to write the instructions and have it quilted etc.
I decided to combine the pieced blocks with applique. Here is the first piece.
It looks a little dark, but we must only use fabric from this particular range...



Thank goodness for best friends like Andrea.

Andrea has pieced the rest of the blocks for me, so that I can focus on the applique.

Now you know what I will be doing for a little while. I will keep you posted!! (No, I mean it!).

1 comment:

PatchworkRose said...

Love the Young Mans fancy Block. Was my first Quilt and a mystery at that 20 years ago
Keep Having fun
Cheers
Lynne