Friday 26 September 2008

The last link in a chain

Swooze has finished all of her UFOs. Congratulations Swooze! This seems unbelievable to me! I don't think I ever want to finish them all! (I mean, I don't want to finish everything and have nothing started). What would I do when I get a quilter's block? Now, it's easy, I do something mindless from my UFOs or my list of 4.

I like having a list of 4 items I am working on. If I don't feel like doing that applique, why should I? Quilting and stitching are supposed to be my hobbies, my relaxation, my leisure. I don't want it to feel like work.

At the moment my list of 4 consists of:

1. The French Collection quilt. I have stitched all 15 pictures. I have designed the quilt. I have the fabric. I need to concentrate and make it now.
2. Art To Heart somethings.... I have a couple of books that I need to make a quick something out of (can't give too much away here... recipients may be reading this blog)
3. Mammy stitcheries (nice and mindless, I can do these on auto-pilot).
4. Christmas Mice - I really need this finished in the next couple of weeks.

(Where's Noddy? I need some more DMC threads...)

And now, here is the last link in the chain.

The Eureka Chain quilt
This quilt is made from circa 1850s reproduction fabrics. When the blocks went together Eureka! a chain was formed (thanks for the name Fay). I really like this name because around the 1850s the Eureka Stockade occurred at the goldfields only an hour from my home. A doubly apt name.

This is my first time doing scallops. I am ready to do them on my Dear Jane now. I need to decide how I want it quilted.

I used some leftover blocks and a small UFO on the back. I like how it looks.

It's a bit difficult to see with the sun shining through the quilt. Mum quilted it in an allover pattern. The quilt feels soft and pliable while also being well-quilted (as opposed to over-quilted or under-quilted).

3 comments:

tirane93 said...

oh my goodness! that is just a spectacular quilt! congratulations on making something so lovely!

The Calico Cat said...

Nice quilt, congrats on the finish!

Brenda said...

Wow, that is stunning! I love how you hang it on the line for pics! Congrats on completing it.