Wednesday 9 October 2019

Ancestors within me....

I asked for suggestions for these ancestor altar cloth words, and this one was a suggestion.

Ancestors within me, wild and free, Guide and protect me for eternity.


I know that I have gifts passed from my paternal Nanna Vera, who was a gifted seamstress and crocheter. She taught her daughters (my aunties) to sew, and they went on to spin wool, dye it, knit, and weave; winning many awards for their creations.


And I also believe that I have inherited the loving homemaker energies of my maternal Great grandmother Dolly, who was the president of the Victoria CWA. She loved creative cooking, stitching, patching and oil painting to name a few passions.


Sometimes these gifts skip a generation, or we may not know where they came from.... but they are definitely gifts from the ancestors, so I can indeed say, the ancestors are within me.

Plus, check out this fabric! Those hats!

No comments: