Monday, 31 May 2010
Sunday, 30 May 2010
Friday, 28 May 2010
A finished quilt! The gypsy girl quilt is completed.
I am designing a little quilt from the Alice in Wonderland fabric now. I just have to use it!!
Thursday, 27 May 2010
There is quite a bit of embroidery to do. However, I have been sidetracked. My Gypsy Girl quilt is back and I am attaching the binding.
I'm also really tired. Maybe it's the onset of Winter? But it has made me want to go to bed earlier of late...
So, this is all the show and tell I have for now.
Monday, 24 May 2010
Thursday, 20 May 2010
I will write up the pattern - it is going to be sold as a kit.
I am so thrilled with this little quilt. I had a vision and just made it happen!!
Perhaps it is the lepidopterist in me?? (I studied butterfly ecology for my honours thesis).
Thanks Donna for suggesting the buttons which look like drawer handles. They add 3-dimensionality, and a vintage look. I used old buttons I bought from the opp shop some time ago.
I hereby name this quilt "Butterfly Boxes".
Tuesday, 18 May 2010
Monday, 17 May 2010
Sunday, 16 May 2010
I really want to use up my reproduction blue fabrics. I had a bit of time on the weekend - not sit down at my machine time unfortunately... so I made the best of it. I sewed while I stood and made polite conversation.
Yes, I think it is possible to be polite whilst sewing... it was at a quilt exhibition!! LOL!!
I just need time to sit at my machine. It feels so frustrating!
Friday, 14 May 2010
I finished piecing the blocks and quilted it in one day.
Wednesday, 12 May 2010
Tuesday, 11 May 2010
I hope it's not toooo scrappy looking.
I only wanted to use up some stash!
Sunday, 9 May 2010
This little golly quilt top was sitting around for about 5 years. I quilted it, then hand-stitched the binding on in the car on the way home (I didn't drive, it's okay). VBG.
I found lots of half metre pieces of fabric in my stash during the clean-up. They were all nice fabrics, but not something that would slot easily into a quilt without designing the quilt around the fabric. Know what I mean?
Thursday, 6 May 2010
Andrea and I pieced the blocks, I designed the applique and setting, then finished the quilt top... Mum quilted it. What a wonderful joint effort! (I am still adding it to my list of finished projects!!)
And, here it is finished and bound.
It's so exciting to have a finish!! Especially one this beautiful. *sigh* One of the most satisfying things is to add a finish to my list on the sidebar these days... LOL!!
Click on the link for more info about Pieces Of The Past.
Wednesday, 5 May 2010
I will frame the blocks in green and use the red and green print for cornerstones. The red is for binding.
Last night I started this project. I looked in my (mostly) sorted stash and saw I had a HUGE pile of green fabrics (I am very comfortable with this, I use them for stems and leaves in applique all the time). I noticed I also had a large amount of blue fabrics.
I am going to use this picture as a basis for my repro paper-pieced stars.
Tuesday, 4 May 2010
Monday, 3 May 2010
Sunday, 2 May 2010
Wave at the little piggy! It will soon be finished!